Few Of My Finds

I found this neat grandmother’s sewing basket, recently at another sale. Some of the goodies inside of it, was these 3 thimbles, a crochet ‘thimble case’ (looks like a hat), a ‘strawberry thimble holder (made from felt and attached to a note card, with the verse, I copied below. Do you recognize the large “S” emblem? It is a collection of needles from the old Safeway grocery store. Did you have one of them in your area? The old jar is filled with spools of thread and the ‘spool holder’ (with wooden spools) was a gift from my DD, Becky.

“If you’ll tie me to your basket
With a pretty little bow knot
And let your silver thimble
Dwell with in this berry cot;
You’ll not have to search the basket
Midst spools of black and white
To find your sewing thimble
Which seems always out of sight.”

**************************************************

This is another item I found at a local Flea Market on Saturday, Oct. 14th. I liked the
saying and it was done so neatly. I have been try to embroidery but not really skilled at this point. Anyway, I love embroidery pieces and bought this from a friend of mine that I hadn’t seen in 3 yrs.



******************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment
Thank you for your thoughts!